Wander Note #2

Wander note #2: New Mom's Dilemma


When you first had your baby, friends without kids may have drifted away, wondering how their engaging, curious friend got replaced by a baby-talking, fawning, sleep-deprived robot. Similarly, when you jump into start-up mode, every brain cell and spare moment is dedicated to succeeding. Soon you’ve lost any friends who survived your baby obsession. Don’t worry; you will survive the early years of playgroups and funding cycles thanks to new friends with same-age kids, and the support of other female entrepreneurs. (source: mindbodygreen)

My note:

Told you so... being a new mom kinda change a whole of you. You might still befriend with your old pals but they will never understand some struggles that can only be understood by another moms. Simple example when my friends ask me to go out at night occasionally and without plan.

I can-not!

I need to arrange Alyaka's needs first. I have to make sure that her caregiver is available (its my mums and father). I have to book an appointment for them (and make sure they aren't tired). I have to prepare her milk, pjs, her favourite pillow downstair, etc.

If it can't happen, I am left with no other option than to bring Alyaka along with me. And that will be no fun at all (night time? babies? they are supposed to be asleep, not here).

Second examples when my fellow guy friend asks why isn't my baby fat and chubby like the other babies. How am I supposed to explain to them that every baby is different, and how normal and fine my baby is. How should I explain to them that it's usually a typical of breast-feeded baby.

They will not understand until they experience it themselves. And these too, shall pass, Moms. 



Comments

Popular Posts